arts council, quiz, audience
Theatre Bath: The Bath Theatre Matters Conference 29th October 2013 We Think Theatre Matters? Do You? With continual cuts to funding, constant revivals of plays, productions being done in the same ‘different’ ways, does theatre matter anymore? Has it become too safe? Is it outdated or just seen as elitist entertainment? What can we do about it? How can we keep theatre alive?
Shared by Theatre Bristol
The Cultural Commissioning Programme is a three year Arts Council England funded programme to support arts and cultural organisations to engage in public sector commissioning, and diversify and increase their income as a result. The NCVO are the commissioned body undertaking the programme on behalf of ACE and are now launching a survey of arts and cultural organisations to understand more about their experiences of commissioning.
The survey shows continued and significant changes to budgets in local authority arts spending. As of August 2013, 133 local authorities in England and Wales have no dedicated arts officer and have no direct arts service. This represents 35.3% of all authorities in England and Wales. The remaining 64.7% have services that are vulnerable to cuts and like the rest of the local authority cultural sector the majority are operating in reduced financial circumstances.
Joe Myles, producer, theatre, work, opportunities